Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Swept Away


 Acrylic, ballpoint ink on Arches hotpress watercolour paper.
12,70 x 17,78cm/ 5" x 7", 2013.
This is a little painting for "The Animal Kingdom" groupshow at the Gallery Nucleus in L.A.
This one started as a quite happy sketch, but while I was experimenting with colour combinations it transformed in something more creepy.
 I've made the outlines of the fish with ballpoint ink, which is hard to cover with paint, but you've got this transparent side effect I discovered. 
As a little kid my sister and I developed this 'secret language'. It's something that we only understand and the funny thing is that we still use it sometimes.

It's nice to experiment with the colours because I could not imagine how the how the yellow flakes  turned out on the grey background.
 I started this sketch on my holiday in Dubai on a quite beach. Wish I was there again!
~ C L I C K   T O   E N L A R G E ~






No comments:

Post a Comment