Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birdcages and illustration in process.

Birdcages. Work in progress. I painted everything in acrylics first and here you can see I added layers in oilpaint. With oils I can make details easier, because the paint stays wet for a day (if you paint thin).

Birds reference and oilpaint. Winton & Newton and Old Hollands. In the back: Liquin and a paint medium. The oilpaints dries much quicker with these mediums.
~
Birdcages in progress. Because I painted the little birds and the trees and the birdcages first with acrylics, it's hard for me to fix the background with oilpaint. Next time I'm going to paint from the back to the front...
~
"Hein the skelleton" on the left. Although I changed a lot of the proportions of the skelletontwins I just use my skelleton puppet to look at all the bones.
~
  
Birdcages in process. I used to work on my projects and paint when I had time left...
But that didn't work because other things always come in between. Now I'm working on my painting in the morning for a couple of hours, before I do anything else. And this helped me a lot. 
~

~
 Albino owl twins. It's not finished yet, but I want to share it. Ballpoint with a little graphite on paper.
~
A friend of a friend has this cute toilet towel holder. I don't know what kind of brand it is, but I would love to have this.
~
Schedule for my paintings this year, 2011. Because I'm painting everyday now I wondered how many paintings I could make in a year...? It depends on the size of course and the difficulty of the painting. If I keep working 3 hours a day on a painting, I've painted 42 hours in 2 weeks. I think I'm able to finish a painting whitin those hours, but maybe this is a high expectation. We'll see. 

6 comments:

  1. I love the reference board for the bird. And I get really fascinated when I read about 'how' you make the different paintings, with what type of paint etc.
    And the two owls are so awesome! I love them being so, well round XD and the moon in the back makes it less cute and more cool!

    xxCaroline
    thefashionfrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. marjo u are so organized in the last pic!!!
    good luck and tons of determination to finish those sketches =)

    xo Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new work!
    Really like your art, so creative!
    Greetings,

    www.jakeanddavies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big is that skeleton puppet, and where did you get it from? It looks really accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andre: I've got the skeleton puppet for my birthday from a friend, but I saw them at V&D, it's a departmentstore in the Netherlands. You can also buy it at a special shop with construction puzzles puppets, designertoys and stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete