Friday, November 16, 2012

Interview "United Colors of Benetton" and featured on "Size?"


I am featured on the Spanish blog of United Colors of Benetton. You can read the interview here:
http://blog.benetton.com/spain/2012/11/13/marjolein-caljouw/
I have the English version below. Many thanks to Aminta.

Today Im so excited about this feature... I want to introduce you the woman behind this ethereal illustrations, apparently a "normal" woman who loves shopping, her family a great concert or simply sit and observe everything and enjoy the sunset. With her sketchbook under her arms Marjolein Caljouw captures the women sensuality , vulnerability and sensitivity with a sexy and edgy side for her latest series. 

Caljouw finds inspiration on everything and everyone, but she admits to be more attracted to the "things"  closer to her, than a landscape : "I like the behaviour of people and animals" She said. On her sketchbook the illustrations just flow as the time goes, she explain this action as a "non-stop process" on the other hand when Marjolein is working on a project she makes a rough tiny version of it, a mood board and then she starts the big thing, all planned and organized. 

Another thing that impress me about this talented artist is her ability to paint in almost any surface, she has done amazing artwork on wood, canvas, metal, furniture or even cars she is not only a creative soul there is a lot of technique and practice behind her masterpieces. 

" My head is a chaos so I need to organize myself , I need a day planner to let my life flow like water" I admire her so much, there is a balance between the person and the artist, definitely a 28 years old woman with a clear vision of what she wants in life, and keep track of it on her diary. ( As I said before, she has time for everything). 

At last Marjolein answered with the first word that came to her mind..
  • With or whithout music? WITH
  • Day or night? Night! 
  • Planned or organic? Planned.
  • Food? Healthy stuff.
  • A place? The beach.
  • A flower? Peony 

Make sure to visit her site ( http://www.marjoleincaljouw.nl/ she will surprise you! ... Thank you Marjolein. 
 
 
And I'm featured here on the blog of Size?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment