Thursday, September 1, 2011

Painting Mask I

Mask I. Close-up face. Oilpaint on woodpanel.
Still in process, I'm working on this painting in very thin layers. They are dry within one day.

Mask I. Close-up ring. Oilpaint on woodpanel. (in progress)
The woodpanel is sand down first so the surface is very smooth now. I prepared it with Polyvine to make it smoother, but I'm going to try an acrylic medium next time.
Mask I. Close-up bird. Graphite and oilpaint on woodpanel.
Here you can see how the sketch look like without the paint. To get thin lines of paint I paint a stroke with a small pencil and blend it with another dry brush. This is a nice method.
 Mask I. Close-up of the flowerheels. The heels are inspired by Prada. I saw some Prada heels with flowers on the back but from hard material. These look soft and I think it fits my painting because of all the floral details.
Oilpaint and on the left my favorite medium. I use this to make the paint smoother and it makes your paint dry quicker. It's looks like a gel.

4 comments:

  1. this is amazing, i can never get the paint that thin and when i do, there's residue from the thinner that i use. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you paint a small line with a little brush you mix the oilpaint with a little bit of the Liquin original, this way it floats better. Then you blend it out with a dry brush. Let me know if that works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great art work. You are really talented and I absolutely enjoy following your blog.
    Thank you for your nice comment.
    Best wishes,
    Malte

    www.220days.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Fabulous. Love the look!Thanks for sharing, it turned out really nice!!

    ReplyDelete