Thursday, August 18, 2011

New painting: "Birdcages"

Birdcages from Marjolein Caljouw on Vimeo.



Here's a little video about my new painting: "Birdcages".
If I'm looking at a painting I always want to see close-ups, to view all the details, so that's why I made this video. Also, to show a little process of my painting.

Acrylics and oilpaint on canvas.
100 x 120 cm / 47,2 " x 39,4 "


I painted the skelletonkings a long time ago (I think 2 years ago)  I didn't know what to do with the background, but one time it hit me. They are walking through a forrest and release some little birds from birdcages. I wanted to make the birdcages to look a little bit unnatural/spooky.


1 comment:

  1. Great Drawing.
    I really like it!
    Your work is absolutely great.
    I always enjoy checking your website!
    If you like follow me on my new
    Around The World Blog.
    www.220days.com

    Greetings,
    www.jakeanddavies.com

    ReplyDelete